Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Confession


Why the blog? Why now, when so many of my friends have blogs? Heck, even my husband has an old school blog (in paper form called Mark Time)! I have been a voyeur of my friend’s blog/zines for some time.

In recent months there has been one blog that I have really enjoyed. Not only because of the fun things she does or her cute family but because she is not only blogging about herself but also about the world around her. I wouldn't say we are exactly friends but we did go to college together and worked briefly at the same location. Even then she was fun and interesting.  I still remember being invited over to her place and cooking Mexican food. And later her showing me her tiddlywinks she planned to take to Texas as an ice breaker for making friends (Even though she wouldn’t need it).  When I reached out to her on Facebook I was very glad to be included in her growing Facebook friends list.

 So this leads me all to her November 23, 2010 posting entitled Life List.  This is her list of things she wants to accomplish in her lifetime.  I hate to admit this but I have gone back to that posting several times.  I looked at the list in amazement almost to the point of jealousy…but then it hit me recently… I have a life list as well.  I realized I wasn't jealous but mad at myself for letting the old blue book of dreams sit on the shelf unopened and unloved.  But in there is my list I created over 14 years ago when I was 26 and the world was my oyster. 


Old Blue Book of things to Accomplish
First let me say thank you to my friend for inspiring/reminding me that there is so much more life to be had. 

 So why this blog?  Well this blog is for me to not only track my life list/bucket list/things to do before I go list but also record the journey of getting there (wherever there is).

Without further ado….. my list:

MY LIST OF THINGS BEFORE I GO

1.       Be an Extra in a Video/Movie - 2001

2.       Ride and Elephant  - April 1998

3.       Ride a Camel

4.       Meet Ray Bradbury – 12/12/00

5.       Get an autograph book from Ray Bradbury– 12/12/00

6.       See the Mona Lisa – 03/10/12

7.       Raft Down the Mississippi

8.       Travel Down the Nile

9.       See the Amazon – August 2000

10.   Learn To Speak Japanese

11.   Visit Missoula Montana

12.   Audition for a Play

13.   Own a tennis bracelet

14.   Own a Faux Diamond Tiara – 12/25/98

15.   Visit Disney World

16.   Visit Great America in California

17.   See the Eiffel Tower – 03/09/02

18.   Visit Capri, Italy

19.   See the Tower of Pisa

20.   Visit the Taj Mahal

21.   Visit the Pyramids

22.   Visit Washington DC  - 2008

23.   Go to New Orleans

24.   Visit Hong Kong

25.   Visit Vietnam

26.   Travel to England – October 2011

27.   See Big Ben – 10/26/2011

28.   See Niagara Falls – April 2009

29.   See Mount Rushmore

30.   Visit Boston

31.   Go to a Star Trek Convention

32.   Go to a Democratic Convention

33.   Got to the World’s Fair

34.   Go to the Olympics

35.   Sleep in a Wigwam, Route 66, Rialto, CA – 01/01/04

36.   Go on Safari

37.   Visit Djibouti

38.   Sing Karaoke– 09/27/97

39.   Perform at a Poetry Reading – 10/07/97

40.   Take a Picture w/ Vegas Sign - 2001

41.   See an Elvis Impersonator

42.   Visit Australia

43.   Visit Japan

44.   Smoke from a Hookah - 09/22/06

45.   Compete in a 5K – 10/15/06

46.   Camp at Richardson Grove Park with my family
 
      47. Learn how to play the Cello part of "All You Need Is Love"

48.   More to come…

So there it is, for better or worse all the things I want to do before I go with the possibilties for more.  So I thank you in advance for being a part of this journey

2 comments:

  1. Awesome list Nancy! Makes me want to revisit my own. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With a list this long, you won't be going for a long long time. BTW, what movie were you an extra in 2001?

    ReplyDelete